History of the Library: Vidyavahini First Grade College Library and Information Science is the lifeblood of the institution. It is the nerve centre of the college that provides the students, teachers and the research scholars with the tools for the acquisition and advancement of knowledge.
Library patrons are encouraged to use the library for study, research, browsing and self-improvement. Professional staff is on duty to assist with reference, research and reading guidance. The staff provides assistance in the use of the information centre and its resources.
Departmental Libraries :
Every department can borrow few books for ready reference. Only those books, which have more than one copy, can be issued to the Department against the signature of the departmental head. If a single copy is available, it will be kept in reference section only.
All the departmental books would be available in the department for ready reference.
A proper record will have to be kept by the department for these books and the department will be responsible for them.
Monday to Friday : – 7.30am to 6.00pm
Saturday : 7.30am to 4.00pm
– Identity Card is a must for library transaction .
– Renewals are allowed only once on the exact due date and when there are no claims by others.
– Borrowed books should be returned on the exact due date failing by which a fine of Rs.2/per day would be charged.
– Loss of borrowed books have to be reported immediately in writing to the librarian and replace the same.
– Reference Books, Periodicals & Project reports will be available for reference only.
– Books should be handled with great care, and mutilation of books in any manner will be heavily fined.
– A borrowed book, if recalled by the librarian has to be returned Immediately.